March is National Kidney Month! Your kidneys clean up your body and keep you in good shape. Learn some more about these underappreciated organs!
1. What are the kidneys? They’re organs that remove waste from your blood to keep you healthy. Don’t underestimate these important organs!
2. Kidney disease is when the kidneys stop working properly due to damage. This can cause a wide array of problems, from nausea to chest pain to feeling groggy and out of it.
3. If you have diabetes, high blood pressure, or are over 60 years old, you’re at a higher risk of kidney disease. Talk to your doctor about screening!
4. Exercise and making sure you drink enough water will help to keep your kidneys healthy. And they’ll repay the favor by keeping you healthy!
5. If you’re worried about kidney disease, make sure to speak with your doctor. They can help you manage any issues—but not if you never talk to them in the first place!
Take some time this month to take care of your kidneys. You’ll be glad you did!