Last Modified: November 18, 2010
GetHealthyHarlem.org is a health promotion and social networking service that allows Members to create unique personal profiles online in order to find and communicate with people in Harlem who share their health interests.
GetHealthyHarlem.org may modify this Agreement from time to time and such modification shall be effective upon posting by GetHealthyHarlem.org on the GetHealthyHarlem.org Website. You agree to be bound to any changes to this Agreement when you use the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services after any such modification is posted. It is therefore important that you review this Agreement regularly to ensure you are updated as to any changes. Please choose carefully the information you post on GetHealthyHarlem.org and that you provide to other Users. Your GetHealthyHarlem.org profile may not include the following items: telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, and any photographs containing nudity, or obscene, lewd, excessively violent, harassing, sexually explicit or otherwise objectionable subject matter.
If you become aware of misuse of the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services by any person, please contact GetHealthyHarlem.org or click on the "Flag as Inappropriate" link at the bottom of every GetHealthyHarlem.org page. GetHealthyHarlem.org reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to reject, refuse to post or remove any posting (including private messages) by you, or to restrict, suspend, or terminate your access to all or any part of the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services at any time, for any or no reason, with or without prior notice, and without liability.
- Non-commercial use by members
- Proprietary rights in content on GetHealthyHarlem.org
- Content posted by Harlem Health Promotion Center
- Content posted by Registered Users of GetHealthyHarlem.org
- Content/Activity Prohibited
- Copyright policy
- Member disputes
- Limitation on liability
- U.S. export controls
1. Eligibility. Use of and Membership in the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services is void where prohibited. By using the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services, you represent and warrant that (a) all registration information you submit is truthful and accurate; (b) you will maintain the accuracy of such information; (c) you are 14 years of age or older; and (d) your use of the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services does not violate any applicable law or regulation. Your profile may be deleted and your Membership may be terminated without warning, if we believe that you are under 14 years of age.
2. Term. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services or are a Member. You may terminate your Membership at any time, for any reason, by following the instructions on the Member's Account Settings page. GetHealthyHarlem.org may terminate your Membership at any time, without warning. Even after Membership is terminated, this Agreement will remain in effect, including sections 5-17.
3. Fees. You acknowledge that GetHealthyHarlem.org reserves the right to charge for the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services and to change its fees from time to time in its discretion. If GetHealthyHarlem.org terminates your Membership because you have breached the Agreement, you shall not be entitled to the refund of any unused portion of subscription fees.
4. Password. When you sign up to become a Member, you will also be asked to choose a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password. You agree not to use the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or to disclose your password to any third party. You agree to notify GetHealthyHarlem.org immediately if you suspect any unauthorized use of your account or access to your password. You are solely responsible for any and all use of your account.
5. Non-commercial Use by Members. The GetHealthyHarlem.org Services are for the personal use of Members only and may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by GetHealthyHarlem.org. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of Members by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email or unauthorized framing of or linking to the GetHealthyHarlem.org Website is prohibited. Commercial advertisements, affiliate links, and other forms of solicitation may be removed from Member profiles without notice and may result in termination of Membership privileges. Appropriate legal action will be taken for any illegal or unauthorized use of the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services.
- GetHealthyHarlem.org does not claim any ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, or any other materials (collectively, "Content") that you post to the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services. After posting your Content to the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services, you continue to retain all ownership rights in such Content, and you continue to have the right to use your Content in any way you choose. By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content on or through the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services, you hereby grant to GetHealthyHarlem.org a limited license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such Content solely on and through the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services. Without this license, GetHealthyHarlem.org.org would be unable to provide the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services. For example, without the right to modify Member Content, GetHealthyHarlem.org would not be able to digitally compress music files that Members submit or otherwise format Content to satisfy technical requirements, and without the right to publicly perform Member Content, GetHealthyHarlem.org could not allow Users to listen to music posted by Members. The license you grant to GetHealthyHarlem.org is non-exclusive (meaning you are free to license your Content to anyone else in addition to GetHealthyHarlem.org), fully-paid and royalty-free (meaning that GetHealthyHarlem.org is not required to pay you for the use on the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services of the Content that you post), sublicensable (so that GetHealthyHarlem.org is able to use its affiliates and subcontractors such as Internet content delivery networks to provide the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services), and worldwide (because the Internet and the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services are global in reach). This license will terminate at the time you remove your Content from the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services. The license does not grant GetHealthyHarlem.org the right to sell your Content, nor does the license grant GetHealthyHarlem.org the right to distribute your Content outside of the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services.
- You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on or through the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, and (ii) the posting of your Content on or through the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of any Content posted by you to or through the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services.
- The GetHealthyHarlem.org Services contain Content of GetHealthyHarlem.org ("GetHealthyHarlem.org Content"). GetHealthyHarlem.org Content is protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret and other laws, and GetHealthyHarlem.org owns and retains all rights in the GetHealthyHarlem.org Content and the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services. GetHealthyHarlem.org hereby grants you a limited, revocable, nonsublicensable license to reproduce and display the GetHealthyHarlem.org Content (excluding any software code) solely for your personal use in connection with viewing the GetHealthyHarlem.org Website and using the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services.
- The GetHealthyHarlem.org Services contain Content of Users and other GetHealthyHarlem.org licensors. Except for Content posted by you, you may not copy, modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, display, or sell any Content appearing on or through the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services.
- The information on GetHealthyHarlem.org is not meant to replace the advice of a health professional. This information is meant to compliment, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician
- In addition to carefully moderating all content that the HHPC staff (who are public health professionals) writes and posts to the site, HHPC staff moderates all posts daily by site users in three ways: 1) ensuring that no SPAM is posted to the site, 2) removing any offensive posts to the site, 3) ensuring that no advertisements are posted to the site that do not meet the following requirements (a. health focused, b. local (serving Harlem, Northern Manhattan or New York City communities), c. conforming to the mission and values of the GetHealthyHarlem.org site (which is evaluated on a case-by-case basis). Other than this, HHPC relies on our online community to correct any errors.
- All content posted by registered GetHealthyHarlem.org users should provide references for any health information that you post to the website (i.e. links to other websites) that is not personal experience (any symptom, test, treatment etc that you or a close family member has gone through).
- All information that you post should be true to the best of your knowledge.
- All content posted by GetHealthyHarlem.org registered users are by default not considered to be medical professionals. If, however, a registered user is a medical professional and gives medical information on the site, he or she must identify his or her status as a medical professional.
- GetHealthyHarlem.org registered users must behave at all times with respect and honesty.
9. Content/Activity Prohibited. The following is a partial list of the kind of Content that is illegal or prohibited to post on or through the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services. GetHealthyHarlem.org reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in GetHealthyHarlem.org's sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, removing the offending communication from the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services and terminating the Membership of such violators. Prohibited Content includes, but is not limited to Content that, in the sole discretion of GetHealthyHarlem.org:
- is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- harasses or advocates harassment of another person;
- exploits people in a sexual or violent manner;
- contains nudity, violence, or offensive subject matter or contains a link to an adult website;
- solicits personal information from anyone under 18;
- provides any telephone numbers, street addresses, last names, URLs or email addresses;
- promotes information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- promotes an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person's copyrighted work, such as providing pirated computer programs or links to them, providing information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing pirated music or links to pirated music files;
- involves the transmission of "junk mail," "chain letters," or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, "spimming," or "spamming";
- contains restricted or password only access pages or hidden pages or images (those not linked to or from another accessible page);
- furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities including, but not limited to making or buying illegal weapons, violating someone's privacy, or providing or creating computer viruses;
- solicits passwords or personal identifying information for commercial or unlawful purposes from other Users;
- involves commercial activities and/or sales without our prior written consent such as contests, sweepstakes, barter, advertising, or pyramid schemes;
- includes a photograph of another person that you have posted without that person's consent; or
- for band and filmmaker profiles, uses sexually suggestive imagery or any other unfair, misleading or deceptive Content intended to draw traffic to the profile. The following is a partial list of the kind of activity that is illegal or prohibited on the GetHealthyHarlem.org Website and through your use of the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services. GetHealthyHarlem.org reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in GetHealthyHarlem.org's sole discretion, violates this provision, including without limitation, reporting you to law enforcement authorities. Prohibited activity includes, but is not limited to:
- criminal or tortious activity, including child pornography, fraud, trafficking in obscene material, drug dealing, gambling, harassment, stalking, spamming, spimming, sending of viruses or other harmful files, copyright infringement, patent infringement, or theft of trade secrets;
- advertising to, or solicitation of, any Member to buy or sell any products or services through the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services. You may not transmit any chain letters or junk email to other Members. It is also a violation of these rules to use any information obtained from the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services in order to contact, advertise to, solicit, or sell to any Member without their prior explicit consent. In order to protect our Members from such advertising or solicitation, GetHealthyHarlem.org reserves the right to restrict the number of emails which a Member may send to other Members in any 24-hour period to a number which GetHealthyHarlem.org deems appropriate in its sole discretion. If you breach this Agreement and send unsolicited bulk email, instant messages or other unsolicited communications of any kind through the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services, you acknowledge that you will have caused substantial harm to GetHealthyHarlem.org, but that the amount of such harm would be extremely difficult to ascertain. As a reasonable estimation of such harm, you agree to pay GetHealthyHarlem.org $50 for each such unsolicited email or other unsolicited communication you send through the Gethealthyharlem.net Services;
- covering or obscuring the banner advertisements on your personal profile page, or any GetHealthyHarlem.org page via HTML/CSS or any other means;
- any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to add friends or send comments or messages;
- interfering with, disrupting, or creating an undue burden on the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services or the networks or services connected to the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services;
- attempting to impersonate another Member or person;
- for band profiles, copying the code for your GetHealthyHarlem.org Player and embedding it into other profiles or asking other Members to embed it into their profiles;
- using the account, username, or password of another Member at any time or disclosing your password to any third party or permitting any third party to access your account;
- selling or otherwise transferring your profile;
- using any information obtained from the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services in order to harass, abuse, or harm another person;
- displaying an advertisement on your profile, or accepting payment or anything of value from a third person in exchange for your performing any commercial activity on or through the Gethealthyharlem.net Services on behalf of that person, such as placing commercial content on your profile, posting blogs or bulletins with a commercial purpose, selecting a profile with a commercial purpose as one of your "Top 8" friends, or sending private messages with a commercial purpose; or
- using the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services in a manner inconsistent with any and all applicable laws and regulations.
10. Copyright Policy. You may not post, modify, distribute, or reproduce in any way any copyrighted material, trademarks, or other proprietary information belonging to others without obtaining the prior written consent of the owner of such proprietary rights. It is the policy of GetHealthyHarlem.org to terminate Membership privileges of any Member who repeatedly infringes the copyright rights of others upon receipt of proper notification to GetHealthyHarlem.org by the copyright owner or the copyright owner's legal agent. Without limiting the foregoing, if you believe that your work has been copied and posted on the Gethealthyharlem.net Services in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide our Copyright Agent with the following information:
(i) an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
(ii) a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
(iii) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services;
(iv) your address, telephone number, and email address;
(v) a written statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
(vi) a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf. GetHealthyHarlem.org's Copyright Agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows: Copyright Agent, GetHealthyHarlem.org; 215 West 125th St., Ground Floor, New York, NY 10027; Attn: Copyright Agent; and email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. Member Disputes. You are solely responsible for your interactions with other Gethealthyharlem.net Members. Gethealthyharlem.net reserves the right, but has no obligation, to monitor disputes between you and other Members.
13. Limitation on Liability. IN NO EVENT SHALL GETHEALTHYHARLEM.ORG BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, EVEN IF GETHEALTHYHARLEM.ORG HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, GETHEALTHYHARLEM.ORG'S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO GETHEALTHYHARLEM.ORG FOR THE GETHEALTHYHARLEM.ORG SERVICES DURING THE TERM OF MEMBERSHIP.
14. U.S. Export Controls. Software available in connection with the Gethealthyharlem.net Services (the "Software") is further subject to United States export controls. No Software may be downloaded from the Gethealthyharlem.net Services or otherwise exported or re-exported in violation of U.S. export laws. Downloading or using the Software is at your sole risk.
15. Disputes. If there is any dispute about or involving the Gethealthyharlem.org Services, you agree that the dispute shall be governed by the laws of the State of California, USA, without regard to conflict of law provisions and you agree to exclusive personal jurisdiction and venue in the state and federal courts of the United States located in the State of California, City of Los Angeles. Either Gethealthyharlem.net or you may demand that any dispute between Gethealthyharlem.net and you about or involving the Gethealthyharlem.net Services must be settled by arbitration utilizing the dispute resolution procedures of the American Arbitration Association (AAA) in Los Angeles, California, USA, provided that the foregoing shall not prevent Gethealthyharlem.net from seeking injunctive relief in a court of competent jurisdiction.
16. Indemnity. You agree to indemnify and hold Gethealthyharlem.net, its subsidiaries, and affiliates, and their respective officers, agents, partners and employees, harmless from any loss, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your use of the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services in violation of this Agreement and/or arising from a breach of this Agreement and/or any breach of your representations and warranties set forth above and/or if any Content that you post on the GetHealthyHarlem.org Website or through the Gethealthyharlem.net Services causes GetHealthyHarlem.org to be liable to another.
17. Other. This Agreement is accepted upon your use of the GetHealthyHarlem.org Website or any of the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services and is further affirmed by you becoming a Member. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and GetHealthyHarlem.org regarding the use of the GetHealthyHarlem.org Services. The failure of GetHealthyHarlem.org to exercise or enforce any right or provision of this Agreement shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in this Agreement are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. GetHealthyHarlem.org is a trademark of GetHealthyHarlem.org. This Agreement operates to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision of this Agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision is deemed severable from this Agreement and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Please Contact Us with any questions regarding this Agreement.